Other issues with LRR tires - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Our other car is a Chevy Volt (primarily driven by my wife) and I absolutely hate the LRR tires; we're on our second Volt and the Gen 1 had Goodyears, the Gen 2 has Michelin. The LRR "All-Weather" rated tires are downright scary in inclement weather and particularly in snow, probably due to a harder rubber compound, a fairly "closed" tread pattern, and optimization for mileage vs. traction. On snowy days, she drives my 9000 Aero with snow tires.
In addition, the sidewalls are paper-thin. "We" have had to replace three tires due to sidewall damage in the past 13 months on the new car, and several on the previous Volt - did not have anything like this when she was driving an Audi with All-Weather tires previously.
posted by 207.229.147...
Posts in this Thread:
- Good, quiet summer tires?, Sarunas , Mon, 30 Apr 2018 06:13:49
- Re: Good, quiet summer tires?, Sarunas , Wed, 2 May 2018 18:01:13
- Re: Good, quiet summer tires?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Tue, 1 May 2018 19:19:50
- General, bobc , Tue, 1 May 2018 12:36:44
- Bridgestone Serenity as an all 'round tire, Noel , Mon, 30 Apr 2018 14:24:53
- Re: Good, quiet summer tires?, Sarunas , Mon, 30 Apr 2018 08:18:15
- Michelin Primacy MXM4, vvk, Mon, 30 Apr 2018 07:56:47
- Re: Good, quiet summer tires?, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 30 Apr 2018 06:54:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!