NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The distinction can be quite blurred now. I also used to specifically get summer tires, and there used to be summer tires in most performance ranges etc. Nowadays, I think tire manufacturers prefer to make a tire all season for greater marketing appeal. So there are lots of ultra high performance category AS tires which are more or less summers. Of course people think they will be ok for snow due to that which is really not the case at all. They probably have a rubber compound that can go a little colder (and a higher UTQG), but that is about it. I've found the couple uhp a/s tires I've owned to work comparably to previous summers, but I'm not doing track days, so that could make a difference if you do that.
Basically, I would worry less about the AS/summer designation than about other factors.
Posts in this Thread:
- Good, quiet summer tires?, Sarunas , Mon, 30 Apr 2018 06:13:49
- Re: Good, quiet summer tires?, Sarunas , Wed, 2 May 2018 18:01:13
- Re: Good, quiet summer tires?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Tue, 1 May 2018 19:19:50
- General, bobc , Tue, 1 May 2018 12:36:44
- Bridgestone Serenity as an all 'round tire, Noel , Mon, 30 Apr 2018 14:24:53
- Re: Good, quiet summer tires?, Sarunas , Mon, 30 Apr 2018 08:18:15
- Michelin Primacy MXM4, vvk, Mon, 30 Apr 2018 07:56:47
- Re: Good, quiet summer tires?, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 30 Apr 2018 06:54:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.