Good Luck - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
2/5 Saabnet.com T-Shirts All Sent Out! Last Call! |
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
>>I simply cannot believe that a $35000 car with 50k on it needs the main ignition component.<<
I think you may have some unrealistic expectations. By around 40k miles, my '01 had the DI replaced (at 20k miles), the turbo replaced, the throttle body replaced twice, the air conditioner expansion valve replaced, the headbolts retorqued, and some other stuff. And yes, it had service at the dealer, by the book and 5k oil changes with Mobile 1. Since than it has run pretty well.
I've followed this board for years. Some 9-5s have few problems, some have a moderate amount to problems, and a significant number have lots of problems. And while the cars need proper service, that is not a guarantee that the car will not have problems.
posted by 24.97.232...
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- cel 1312 and 1334.....WTF only 50k on the car....., earthbrown, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 18:45:55
- Thanks for re-posting my question from earlier today, Wasabi, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:22:51
- just had this code tonight, and was angered by the, earthbrown, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:34:59
- Good Luck, DE , Mon, 9 Jun 2008 07:23:18 <-- Viewing This Message
- I have to disagree...., Wasabi, Mon, 9 Jun 2008 07:39:31
- Re: I have to disagree...., DE , Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:33:09
- Re: I have to disagree...., jpb in me, Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:04:09
- sticker price = longevity/reliability, Aero'ed, Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:21:08
- Sticker price not indication of reliability, LesH, Mon, 9 Jun 2008 13:58:01
- YES, YES and YES, Wasabi, Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:23:48
- Re: sticker price = longevity/reliability, jpb in me, Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:38:22
- Re: just had this code tonight, and was angered by the, Aero~0657, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 23:09:19
- Get 2....you'll need them, Wasabi, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:41:33
- Re: cel 1312 and 1334.....WTF only 50k on the car....., Allan, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:11:44
- Mileage does not seem to matter, it can happen...., TKC, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 18:57:50
- Re: cel 1312 and 1334.....WTF only 50k on the car....., Jas, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 18:54:05
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!