Volume - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
4/20 Small Batch Order: Saabnet.com T-Shirts!! Put in Your Order Now!!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The price often indicates volume of production - one reason that Honda and Toyota are so reliable and so inexpensive is that they produce hundreds of thousands of the same car around the world. Even though SAAB has been making the same 9-5 for ten years, my guess is that in ten years it does not equal one year's production of the Honda Accord. Higher price may therefore indicate a specialty car with lower production runs.
The other factor is engineering and supplier management. BMW seems to be the best, at present, at those capabilities. SAAB seems terrrible at supplier management - e.g. several generations of DICs that continue to fail - and the list goes on. SAAB seems to specialize in going almost nowhere, as opposed to Japanese incremental improvement in parts and relaibility. Many others - Audi, for example - suffer the same symptoms.
That is one reason that I buy used SAABS and hope for a good one.
03 Linear SW
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- cel 1312 and 1334.....WTF only 50k on the car....., earthbrown, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 18:45:55
- Thanks for re-posting my question from earlier today, Wasabi, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:22:51
- just had this code tonight, and was angered by the, earthbrown, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:34:59
- Good Luck, DE , Mon, 9 Jun 2008 07:23:18
- I have to disagree...., Wasabi, Mon, 9 Jun 2008 07:39:31
- Re: I have to disagree...., DE , Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:33:09
- Re: I have to disagree...., jpb in me, Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:04:09
- sticker price = longevity/reliability, Aero'ed, Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:21:08
- Sticker price not indication of reliability, LesH, Mon, 9 Jun 2008 13:58:01
- YES, YES and YES, Wasabi, Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:23:48
- Re: sticker price = longevity/reliability, jpb in me, Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:38:22
- Re: just had this code tonight, and was angered by the, Aero~0657, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 23:09:19
- Get 2....you'll need them, Wasabi, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:41:33
- Re: cel 1312 and 1334.....WTF only 50k on the car....., Allan, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:11:44
- Mileage does not seem to matter, it can happen...., TKC, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 18:57:50
- Re: cel 1312 and 1334.....WTF only 50k on the car....., Jas, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 18:54:05
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!