I would upgrade to a newer 9-5. - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
1/3 Saabnet.com Member of the Year: DougM
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I went through this in December. Keep dumping endless amounts of cash into an old 9-5 (2001 V6 with 184k miles) or take on some car payments and get a newer 9-5? I chose door number two and cannot be happier. While it's obviously cheaper to keep fixing your old car (to a point), there's not as much satisfaction in having a shiny new(er) car. You also don't run the risk of it crapping out on you. My '04 9-5 has had some stupid niggly things go wrong but nothing that's broken the bank. DI cassette, battery, trans flush in the past six months... And it's a blast to drive!
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- How long do I stay in the game? Compressor is now out, 9-5er, Thu, 21 May 2009 22:57:42
- Shit, my AC is broken along with many other things, aerokid, Sat, 23 May 2009 14:06:02
- Re: How long do I stay in the game? Compressor is now out, Marcin, Sat, 23 May 2009 05:52:45
- I would upgrade to a newer 9-5., B Millar , Fri, 22 May 2009 08:45:33 <-- Viewing This Message
- Depends how/where you drive, john b, Fri, 22 May 2009 08:29:33
- Did you see the "A/C Miracle" post below?, LesH, Fri, 22 May 2009 07:15:06
- ditch it, smoggy, Sun, 31 May 2009 17:42:23
- Re: How long do I stay in the game? Compressor is now out, TG, Fri, 22 May 2009 02:27:43
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!