Re: How long do I stay in the game? Compressor is now out - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I suspect your indy is getting his parts from the Saab dealer so you're only saving on the hourly labor rate. A new compressor at Saab is probably $1100 or so. Add in a condensor and an expansion valve and you're probably adding another $250.
See if your indy will install parts you order online through Eeuroparts or some other place to save a bunch on parts.
As for needing A/C in Atlanta, I get it. Believe me. I lived there for four years (1976-1980) and my car was from Boston. My A/C consisted of rolling down the windows. Still have fond memories of sticking to vinyl seats...
posted by 192.91.17...
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- How long do I stay in the game? Compressor is now out, 9-5er, Thu, 21 May 2009 22:57:42
- Shit, my AC is broken along with many other things, aerokid, Sat, 23 May 2009 14:06:02
- Re: How long do I stay in the game? Compressor is now out, Marcin, Sat, 23 May 2009 05:52:45
- I would upgrade to a newer 9-5., B Millar , Fri, 22 May 2009 08:45:33
- Depends how/where you drive, john b, Fri, 22 May 2009 08:29:33
- Did you see the "A/C Miracle" post below?, LesH, Fri, 22 May 2009 07:15:06
- ditch it, smoggy, Sun, 31 May 2009 17:42:23
- Re: How long do I stay in the game? Compressor is now out, TG, Fri, 22 May 2009 02:27:43
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!