A4 Avant - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
9/23 Horn Button Rebuild 900/9000 |
9/21 Abandoned Saab Dealership
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I got an A4 Avant in 12/10 after driving an '01 9-5 LPT wagon for 10 years. Love the A4. It has slightly less storage room than the Saab, mileage is similar (though the A4 is AWD), and in all other respects the A4 is far superior IMHO (it as 10 years newer of course). Long term reliability remains to be seen, but after 13k miles no problems other than having to add a bit of oil (directed by the dashboard), and the relibility of the Saab was poor. To me the A4 is like a big hatch with a 2.0 turbo 4, that handles much better than the Saab.
posted by 24.97.232...
Posts in this Thread:
- Spoiled by Saab, Jason R, Wed, 18 Jan 2012 05:53:46
- Thanks! Leaning towards VW., Jason R, Thu, 19 Jan 2012 08:20:17
- keep the saab... quasi-ot questions: wheels, abs..., James, Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:21:21
- Someone wants to dump Volvo wagon..., Norm95, Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:03:31
- Re: Spoiled by Saab, EGD , Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:56:46
- Re: Spoiled by Saab, Larry West , Wed, 18 Jan 2012 06:30:25
- CPO V70?, Stephen Goldberger, Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:06:36
- Re: Spoiled by Saab, JMJinNC, Wed, 18 Jan 2012 06:36:49
- I am in the same boat, bmwjoe, Wed, 18 Jan 2012 07:26:09
- Re: I am in the same boat, AeroLady, Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:33:17
- shouldn't you be OK for rest of the decade?, AeroEd , Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:14:08
- Re: I am in the same boat, RMinNJ, Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:16:23
- Me three, Matt Mitchell, Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:16:31
- A4 Avant, DE , Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:19:06 <-- Viewing This Message
- Germans?, Dan-O, Wed, 18 Jan 2012 06:04:16
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!