Salt - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 95 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Posted by Mike Johnson [Email] (more from Mike Johnson) on Sat, 18 Oct 2014 04:02:30
In Reply to: '01 lpt - Repair or move on? Need advice!, CMcD, Thu, 16 Oct 2014 07:10:51
First of all, do you live in a salty region? The only way you should even consider doing anything to the car is if the body is perfect. Even if it looks fine, if you live in New England (or similar)-case closed in my opinion. I would probably dig a little deeper if it were a clean Southern or Western car. Another thought: I am a SAAB fan until the bitter end and have not had serious trouble getting parts for both my 9k and 9-5, but this cannot get easier as the years tick by. If you consider a newer car, keep this in mind.
posted by 72.73.74...
Posts in this Thread:
- '01 lpt - Repair or move on? Need advice!, CMcD, Thu, 16 Oct 2014 07:10:51
- Salt, Mike Johnson, Sat, 18 Oct 2014 04:02:30 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: '01 lpt - Repair or move on? Need advice!, Mike, Fri, 17 Oct 2014 08:14:55
- Time to move on, bill h., Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:36:10
- Re, Tom G , Thu, 16 Oct 2014 12:20:10
- Re: Re, CMcD, Thu, 16 Oct 2014 18:39:21
- Re: Re, Snowmobile , Fri, 17 Oct 2014 07:19:13
- Re: '01 lpt - Repair or move on? Need advice!, Snowmobile , Thu, 16 Oct 2014 11:30:14
- Re: '01 lpt - Repair or move on? Need advice!, AdamSAAB2kAero , Thu, 16 Oct 2014 10:02:15
- Move on, dmz789qqq, Thu, 16 Oct 2014 07:19:24
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!