Re: Whistling noise from windshield? - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
8/25 WIN A $100 GIFT CARD |
7/31 Member of the Year |
7/20 Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I too have a whistling noise from my windshield, upper center around the rear view mirror. Doesn't leak, just noisy enough to prevent enjoying music during trips. Was puzzled, until I saw what looked like a lift tab still under the glass by the driver's A-pillar. I deduced that the windshield had been replaced at some point, and the installer left a lift tab as well as doing a less than pro install. Would have to replace glass to eliminate, but if it doesn't leak, I'm leaving it alone. In answer to your query, yes, it's likely you have a small leak, and it may take a glass replacement to cure.
posted by 73.152.54...
Posts in this Thread:
- Whistling noise from windshield?, Mike Johnson, Sat, 11 Mar 2017 02:32:58
- Smoke machine, AdamSAAB2kAero , Wed, 15 Mar 2017 14:28:43
- Good stuff to try! Thank you. Mike nm, Mike Johnson, Sun, 12 Mar 2017 11:46:07
- Re: Whistling noise from windshield?, pme , Sun, 12 Mar 2017 06:26:25
- Re: Whistling noise from windshield?, Bernie , Sat, 11 Mar 2017 10:55:32
- How to find air leak....., jimmy, Sat, 11 Mar 2017 08:43:44
- speaking of windshields...., GFW3pedals , Sat, 11 Mar 2017 08:06:09
- Re: Whistling noise from windshield?, Dennis_MA, Sat, 11 Mar 2017 06:14:14
- Re: Whistling noise from windshield?, southsaab , Sat, 11 Mar 2017 04:30:53 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!