I still own three Saabs, but..... - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Assuming I continue working till age 65 (only 4 years), my '08 9-5 aero will have accumulated 250K miles by that time. Not quite the 318K my first 9-5 achieved but still a daunting accumulation. How much longer after that point do we keep it?
Meanwhile, my wife's '06 9-3SC, while at only 90K miles, is already 12 years old. Her car still looks fantastic and I just replaced the driver's side seat cushion skin to keep it looking that way. How many more years will it remain in great shape, appearance wise and mechanically?
The Viggen 'vert may be owned by me until I can no longer drive. Even though it is the oldest of the three it will likely be my absolute final Saab.
So what does the future hold? Do we need three cars after retirement? Do we want to keep and maintain three cars? No one else in the family can drive a stick so the Viggen will never really qualify as a emergency back-up. Do I sell the higher mileage 9-5 and keep the 9-3SC as a back-up? What will become the primary car for distance trips?
Unfortunately it will not be another Saab.
->Posting last edited on Wed, 14 Jun 2017 16:15:23.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan, sold at 227K miles
2006 9-3SC 2.0T - Wife's daily driver
2000 Viggen Convertible - Summer Fun Car
1964 Quantum IV Formula Car - Retirement project
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Sad Day, CraigU , Fri, 9 Jun 2017 10:22:08
- My theory as to why owning and wrenching 9-5s is good, Boris Bubbanov, Thu, 15 Jun 2017 13:03:57
- But why?, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Sun, 11 Jun 2017 01:56:18
- Mine is on the brink of goodbye, Bill h., Sat, 10 Jun 2017 09:05:18
- XC 60?, Stephen Goldberger, Sun, 11 Jun 2017 09:48:37
- Re: Mine is on the brink of goodbye, cheaptech , Sat, 10 Jun 2017 13:19:31
- When you go into the Chevy dealership...., S-Works, Sat, 10 Jun 2017 12:45:57
- Re: Mine is on the brink of goodbye, neil dale , Sat, 10 Jun 2017 12:13:45
- Is the recirculation flap motor functional?, dmz789qqq, Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:51:15
- Is it contagious?, SWEDECAR , Fri, 9 Jun 2017 13:11:07
- I still own three Saabs, but....., MI-Roger , Wed, 14 Jun 2017 04:48:59 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Is it contagious?, southsaab , Sat, 10 Jun 2017 12:14:14
- Re: Is it contagious?, EGD , Fri, 9 Jun 2017 13:39:343
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!