Re: Me too! - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
4/20 Small Batch Order: Saabnet.com T-Shirts!! Put in Your Order Now!!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Yeah, but I've only seen 1 NG 9-5 locally and one other in another part of Canada... rareness is kind of cool (unique), but it's not cool when something goes wrong. C900 would be much easier to maintain imho. Even though they are now mostly 30+ years old, there are still more of them on the roads than NG 9-5's in Canada (even with the rust!!).
When they were new, I felt NG9-5 was a more viable ownership experience than I do now. I'm not even sure if my SAAB tech could do the programming on one. OG9-5 is easier.
I disagree with saabsince re the newer V6's being bad - they are actually great engines... it's just that we all think of saabs as being turbo charged 4's...
NG 9-5 is a much bigger car and like others, I was reminded maybe not 100% of Buick (the buick versions are way uglier), but it had very little relationship to a c900. Way too big for me and way too much of a GM feel. I honestly think this car was a major part of Saab's final demise! I don't think the dealer here sold a single NG9-5 new and they had a lot full of them! A NG9-3 is at least going to feel a bit closer to a c900 size-wise even if it is full of GM bits - it does go back to 2003 when there was still some longtime SAAB design left.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Is buying a 2010/11 9-5 a good idea?, Sri, Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:16:22
- Re: Drive one!, amicusterrae, Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:00:43
- Re: Drive one!, Boomer, Sat, 13 Jan 2018 14:25:04
- Agree, Boris Bubbanov, Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:08:25
- FIRST GEN 9-5, saabsince 93b , Fri, 12 Jan 2018 18:54:16
- NG 9-5 Wagons: Really really beautiful, IMHO, but, westernny, Mon, 15 Jan 2018 07:59:38
- Thanks All!, Sri, Sat, 13 Jan 2018 00:04:45
- Re: Thanks All!, Boris Bubbanov, Sat, 13 Jan 2018 19:34:22
- Me too!, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Sat, 13 Jan 2018 18:00:16
- Re: Me too!, Snowmobile , Mon, 15 Jan 2018 07:48:56 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Me too!, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Mon, 15 Jan 2018 10:38:08
- Re: Me too!, saabsince 93b , Mon, 15 Jan 2018 10:54:53
- Re: Me too!, Snowmobile , Mon, 15 Jan 2018 16:18:04
- Re: Me too!, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Mon, 15 Jan 2018 16:45:36
- Re: Thanks All!, saabsince 93b , Sat, 13 Jan 2018 14:30:29
- ck out saabnet classifieds, adl6009 , Sat, 13 Jan 2018 06:11:54
- Re: Is buying a 2010/11 9-5 a good idea?, Snowmobile , Fri, 12 Jan 2018 11:10:12
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!