Driver's window fixed - thanks to CraigU! - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 95 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Driver's window fixed - thanks to CraigU!
Posted by westernny [Email] (more from westernny) on Tue, 9 Apr 2019 14:03:22
In Reply to: 2001 9-5 Aero: Driver's window off track, westernny, Thu, 28 Mar 2019 12:29:58
Just to let everyone know, CraigU helped me get the Aero back on the road on Saturday. He pretty much did everything while I handed him the occasional piece or held the window in place when needed. As I had expected, the plastic bits were very brittle, but a bit of Gorilla tape took care of that.
I would have been left high and dry if it weren't for Craig, as the aluminum window channel was bent, as was one of the raising arms. Never having seen these parts before, I'm sure I wouldn't been able to figure out how to put them straight and finish the repair.
Thanks again Craig!
posted by 50.108.17...
Posts in this Thread:
- 2001 9-5 Aero: Driver's window off track, westernny, Thu, 28 Mar 2019 12:29:58
- Driver's window fixed - thanks to CraigU!, westernny, Tue, 9 Apr 2019 14:03:22 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: 2001 9-5 Aero: Driver's window off track, Name Left Blank, Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:34:23
- Re: 2001 9-5 Aero: Driver's window off track, I make, Fri, 29 Mar 2019 13:49:25
- yes do it! And don't forget ..., bobc , Fri, 29 Mar 2019 09:15:10
- At least the weather is warm!, MI-Roger , Fri, 29 Mar 2019 08:41:21
- You can do it!, don m , Fri, 29 Mar 2019 08:18:041
- Re: 2001 9-5 Aero: Driver's window off track, CraigU , Fri, 29 Mar 2019 08:13:131
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!