Re: 2009 9-5 - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
rust is a deal breaker for me, although I'm sure that there are remedies.
an '09 wagon is a fine machine, but the GM influence becomes real and for me, disappointing:
- dashboard changes using parts from a malibu? it quite cheap to my eyes. sad to loose the Scandinavian look of the instruments and center stack.
- leather seems cheaper (that subjective and I am not a leather expert by any means)
- GM deleted the ski pass-through in the back seat. I dont ski but I seem to buy all manner of long-is lumber and moulding. Havng to put down one seat to load it into my wagon is just wrong.
- paint is cheaper. I am finding that the newer cars paint/clearcoat are not holding up nearly as well as the older cars.
to look out for ...
- signs of clearcoat failure on the roof and hood.
- be aware that the fuel pump replacement is a big hassle
on the upside:
- I happen to like the "dame edna" look and prefer the exterior updates.
- engine updates are minor, but includes a fix to the PCV
- suspension updates are minor too but but seem effective.
I think a low mileage "dame edna" version of these cars is a great choice. I recently took my '08 wagon on a 3000kmi road trip that included all manner of weather and long days behind the wheel. Its a fabulous road car, powerful, comfortable, and pretty decent mileage. Of course all that can be said for an '03 as well :-)
'08 9⁵ 2.3T SportCombi, Polar White
'01 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue (benched)
'00 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue (rescued)
'99 9⁵ Base model, Cosmic blue
'00 9⁵ Aero Silver (RIP - transmission )
Posts in this Thread:
- 2009 9-5, Timothy Mahony, Sun, 4 Apr 2021 12:21:44
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!