how about this one? - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main C900 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
how about this one?
Posted by saab86 [Email] (more from saab86) on Thu, 24 Dec 2009 05:18:10
In Reply to: Don't you just love it?, BAAB [Profile/Gallery]
, Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:13:36
We live on a dead end dirt road in the country and the other day while driving home we noticed our neghbours who had just moved out, put a great looking vintage style couch and arm chair to the curb for pickup.
It was late at night and snowing. Time and weather were not on our side.
My wife wanted both and as we lived "only a kilometer" down the road; I said what the heck, ditched the golf in the driveway and sent the Saab to do the job. It was cold and only one trip was in the works. There was no way the couch would fit in the car. Only a van would do the trick - or would it?
We threw the six large cushions into the back seat and I heaved the oversized arm chair into the trunk. It was heavy and large and fit only about half way in. The trunk lid stayed open blocking the rear view.
I then levered the 10 foot upholstered couch onto the hood of the Saab perpendicular to the body so three feet stuck out both sides perfectly balanced. There was no turning back. I already lacked a rear view and now a forward view as well and the car was facing the wrong way down the road (not that that mattered). A turnaround on the narrow dirt road was impossible.
We hopped in and slid open the steel sun roof and I instructed the better half to stand on the seat, Il Duce style, facing backwards. She would provide me with directions as I drove in reverse using the backup lights as my guide in the thick thick snow, forgetting occasionally that her right was my left as we navigated the corners at a breakneck speed of 10mph.
We made it without a hitch and no nosey neighbours had spotted us saving us from potential embarrassment. We stashed the couch and chair in the garage and moved them into the house yesterday. She's happy and therefore I am happy. The Saab came through in a way we would never have imagined.
posted by 24.139.16...
Posts in this Thread:
- It's amazing what you can fit into a c900...., Cliff, Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:14:32
- Re: It's amazing what you can fit into a c900...., Edsel R 86 900T, Thu, 5 Jul 2018 22:04:38
- 11 college students, IrieTom , Fri, 18 Dec 2009 08:35:26
- like capacity of Mary Poppin's bag! n/m., jtm, Fri, 18 Dec 2009 06:27:00
- Re: It's amazing what you can fit into a c900...., mlarsen, Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:32:12
- Re: It's amazing what you can fit into a c900...., ToddF, Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:38:36
- Re: It's amazing what you can fit into a c900...., andym, Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:20:11
- Re: It's amazing what you can fit into a c900...., BarryM, Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:10:49
- Re: It's amazing what you can fit into a c900...., BTG88, Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:50:01
- even us ragtop drivers can do that!, Steven W, Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:43:36
- Re: It's amazing what you can fit into a c900...., BrettH, Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:23:05
- Don't you just love it?, BAAB , Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:13:36
- ours has hauled more than most pickup trucks..., James, Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:32:52
- Re: hehe, i love the gobsmacked "it fit?!" face. nm, Simon S, Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:16:20
- Re: It's amazing what you can fit into a c900...., turbocon86, Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:14:50
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!