Question about old Saabs - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Question about old Saabs
Posted by Ed NC (more from Ed NC) on Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:49:04
I was driving with a client once in my '99 9-3, and we were talking about cars. He asks, "do Saabs still have the brake rotors and pads on the inside of the car near the engine?" He said he remembers working on an old Saab in High School auto shop and thats where they were. I was polite (since he is a client after all), but basically said I didn't know what he was talking about. Anyone know what model Saab this was? Or is he nuts? Thanks
'99 9-3, 69k
'01 9-5 wagon, 42k
posted by 67.30.20...
Posts in this Thread:
- Question about old Saabs, Ed NC, Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:49:04 <-- Viewing This Message
- Old Saabs had big Drum brakes; inboard were, DER, Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:47:15
- I think Alfa Romeo used that setup..., IrieTom , Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:35:30
- NSU, Jon , Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:30:04
- Re: NSU, Jorgen Trued, Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:03:50
- The folks had an Ro80..., Craig, Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:37:51
- NSU and Auto Union, No.9, Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:44:33
- Re: NSU, Jon , Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:42:36
- old Audis had inboard brakes, but Saabs?nm, Pete Saab 9-5, Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:00:05
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!