Have done tires various ways... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
and the local shop where you can develop a relationship seems to be the best way to go... sort of like having a good indy.
I've gotten several sets from Tire Rack or other online place, always without a road hazard warranty. I could have used it twice in the past 40 years--nail in the shoulder of the tire. When I *have* had the warranty I've never used it. Free flat repair is nice, but better to take your chances than give them money.
The cert is an insurance policy, like an extended warranty, that is almost pure profit for the store. The insurer pays them for the tires they replace.
The local place I've bought the Nokians I have on my car (winter and summer) and the WRs on my daughter's 9K includes the road hazard in the price, which several other tire places around also do. I'm not due for tires until next year (with any luck) but then I will ask for a price without the cert to see what the difference is.
1999 9-3 SE auto (daily driver)
1996 9000 CSE 5 speed (soon to leave)
2003 9-5 Linear SportWagon (wife's)
1984 C900 4 door Base model (RIP)
1995 9000 CS (sold)
1996 9000 CS (RIP)
2000 9-3 SE (RIP)
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Discount / America Tires (thumbs down - long), kevine, Sat, 26 Apr 2008 10:59:42
- Paranoid? Nah! You nailed it., Railhead , Mon, 28 Apr 2008 01:46:47
- I had the YK-520's..., Ted M., Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:41:35
- You bought the tires new? From where?, patm, Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:31:22
- I wouldn't call this a "Discount" issue, Benji, Sun, 27 Apr 2008 10:30:02
- Re: Discount / America Tires (thumbs down - long), dtech, Sun, 27 Apr 2008 08:43:41
- wow on the conti wear!, washaero, Sun, 27 Apr 2008 06:32:51
- Not a Discount fan, but I had a different experience, AeroBaron, Sat, 26 Apr 2008 20:12:23
- Mmmm-sounds like the old 'complaining before the food, nicknick , Sat, 26 Apr 2008 19:29:54
- this is a common thread..., Erik919kt, Sat, 26 Apr 2008 18:06:59
- Re: Discount / America Tires (thumbs down - long), Aero~0657, Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:31:00
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!