Not really ethics - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Not really ethics
Posted by Ari [Email] (more from Ari) on Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:10:20
In Reply to: Re: Ethics question about gas bill, No Snaab, Sat, 17 Jan 2009 15:05:24
The gas company will figure it out at some point. Depending on your state laws, they might be able to sock you with the whole thing at once, or they may be forced to spread it out over a few months. But you have received a service, and you're obligated to pay it.
Is it ethical not to tell them? Of course not. But as a practical matter, they will find out. I doubt there is a 'statue of limitations' on sneaking out on a bill.
If they overcharged you, would it be ethical for them not to tell you? And I'd bet you'd let them know.
posted by 76.205.1...
Posts in this Thread:
- Ethics question about gas bill, OKSaabs, Sat, 17 Jan 2009 14:22:58
- UPDATE, OKSaabs, Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:15:38
- Ethically . . ., pony, Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:31:14
- Don't worry, pony, Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:24:25
- yes. nm, AlS, Sun, 18 Jan 2009 19:17:29
- Two thoughts, Jeff B, Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:54:10
- Ethically, yes - maybe even legally, DonaldM, Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:47:51
- I see what you're saying, but..., OKSaabs, Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:45:41
- I would tell them..., MI-Roger , Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:59:30
- Are you sure the meter is broken?, CWilson, Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:48:52
- Policing utilities, phone, cable companies..., Mike Lynch , Sat, 17 Jan 2009 17:39:43
- Re: Ethics question about gas bill, No Snaab, Sat, 17 Jan 2009 15:05:24
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!