Juke - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
6/18 Reminder: Your Amazon.com Purchases Pay Saabnet! | 4/20 Small Batch Order: Saabnet.com T-Shirts!! Put in Your Order Now!!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
imho that one goes against your "golden age"... looks like some kind of awkward frog to me - every time I see one I wonder why people buy them, but I suppose they are at least different... but to my eyes, even the Pontiac Aztek looks like a piece of artwork in comparison!
As to the others, I think many are just following trends started by BMW and Audi, and I find a lot of the styling over the top (sonata, elantra especially). I tend to prefer timeless understated design, and that has mostly gone out the window these days in favour of hype imho... that said, the complexity of form, features, and performance in econoboxes (or 1 level up) is certainly unprecedented. The market is very competitive, that is for sure!
the original og 9-5 was pretty timeless in terms of design - I really have no desire to own a newer car!
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Anyone else think new cars are ugly? Love my 9-5!, Brian, Fri, 7 Jun 2013 20:07:57
- Re: yeah I love my 01 9-5, vvack0matic , Mon, 10 Jun 2013 03:53:58
- Don't care for today's Darth Vader look, SWEDECAR , Sun, 9 Jun 2013 08:50:44
- Cars got better, then worse, Sam89, Sun, 9 Jun 2013 08:31:43
- Design Constraints, Brucer, Sun, 9 Jun 2013 07:05:10
- the only car I currently like..., Johnson, Sun, 9 Jun 2013 05:05:04
- Re Fusion: I like the Aston Martin Grille, Bill Homer, Sun, 9 Jun 2013 07:36:04
- 2014 Mazda6, EGD , Sun, 9 Jun 2013 07:12:34
- Agree on the Fusion, Noel, Sun, 9 Jun 2013 06:28:56
- agree, SRS900S, Sun, 9 Jun 2013 05:51:49
- Random Walk, DE , Sat, 8 Jun 2013 17:23:38
- I disagree strongly, No Snaab, Sat, 8 Jun 2013 10:39:02
- lookee lous, dtechakacheaptech, Sat, 8 Jun 2013 14:12:34
- Golden Age..., Mike Lynch , Sat, 8 Jun 2013 11:15:54
- Juke, Snowmobile , Sat, 8 Jun 2013 13:38:04 <-- Viewing This Message
- BMW X1 Saab replacement, Aero fave, Sat, 8 Jun 2013 06:59:12
- Re: Anyone else think new cars are ugly? Love my 9-5!, SRS900S, Sat, 8 Jun 2013 05:24:11
- I hate the small windows, JerseySaab , Sat, 8 Jun 2013 03:25:17
- Re: Anyone else think new cars are ugly? Love my 9-5!, Name Left Blank, Sat, 8 Jun 2013 03:24:30
- Yes!, vvk, Fri, 7 Jun 2013 20:57:50
- Re: Anyone else think new cars are ugly? Love my 9-5!, Name Left Blank, Fri, 7 Jun 2013 20:09:27
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!