Yup! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The 240D actually does have a throttle... at least the few I've worked on.
Near as I can tell, it's there to reduce intake noise. It only blocks the inlet passage about 2/3 when it's "closed", by virtue of the butterfly being somewhat smaller than the tube it's in.
->Posting last edited on Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:40:28.
'12 Audi A4 quattro (self-tuned)
'14 Audi A6 quattro (also self-tuned)
Gone but not forgotten:
'72 99, '77 99 (became a turbo, twice)
'80 900T 5-door, '81 900T, '86 900S (became a turbo), '86 900 SPG
'86 9000, '97 9000 Aero
A bunch of Audis, '69 Firebird, '64 Toyota Corona (first car, cost $35 and worth every penny)
Be alert... America needs more lerts!
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- MB 240D ....nuts?, GFW3pedals, Wed, 6 Nov 2013 06:04:25
- W123..., Mike Lynch , Thu, 7 Nov 2013 10:53:14
- Re: MB 240D ....nuts?, Craig, Thu, 7 Nov 2013 07:44:23
- 300D experience, John R. Boyce, Thu, 7 Nov 2013 05:37:51
- Re: MB 240D ....nuts?, Joe , Wed, 6 Nov 2013 19:05:21
- Re: MB 240D ....nuts?, Erik919kt, Wed, 6 Nov 2013 16:08:44
- Re: MB 240D ....nuts? No!, JMF, Wed, 6 Nov 2013 14:07:11
- throttle? :), turbosaab , Wed, 6 Nov 2013 14:52:36
- Re: throttle? :), Les_H, Thu, 7 Nov 2013 10:24:25
- Yup!, ELaw , Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:39:23 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: MB 240D ....nuts?, Paul H, Wed, 6 Nov 2013 10:51:30
- Re: MB 240D ....nuts?, No Snaab, Wed, 6 Nov 2013 09:39:02
- the problem with slow..., Snowmobile , Wed, 6 Nov 2013 08:18:05
- Probably., Noel, Wed, 6 Nov 2013 06:44:09
- Re: MB 240D ....nuts?, JerseySaab , Wed, 6 Nov 2013 06:23:08
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!