Re: Home-made Mosquito Repellant? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
SImple extractions of oils include soaking ground up plant in vodka, and straining it, blanching the plant, and skimming the oil off the top of the water (use a separator), or get nuts with an alcohol still, but use vodka as the solvent instead of water. The condenser on a still recollects the ethanol, but enough of the volatile 'essential oils' go along with the steamed-vodka.
Or rotovap it if you're in a chemistry lab, and scrape down the round flask with acetone and collect the oils. This is the least heat, and thus best retains what was naturally there.
Or you can purchase one of these fancy butane-extractors at a head shop.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Home-made Mosquito Repellant?, EGD , Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:59:36
- Re: Home-made Mosquito Repellant?, dtechakacheaptech, Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:53:31
- Relabel the DEET, dtechakacheaptech, Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:16:07
- Body Odor... Seriously, Used to be Chaz, Tue, 29 Jul 2014 12:31:35
- From a Mainer, DE , Tue, 29 Jul 2014 09:06:02
- Re: Home-made Mosquito Repellant?, Wayner , Tue, 29 Jul 2014 07:40:53
- Re: Home-made Mosquito Repellant?, B Millar , Tue, 29 Jul 2014 05:37:03
- Re: Home-made Mosquito Repellant?, Skip, Tue, 29 Jul 2014 04:45:43
- Re: Home-made Mosquito Repellant?, Cmyles , Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:11:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!