Re: Home-made Mosquito Repellant? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: Home-made Mosquito Repellant?
Posted by Skip (more from Skip) on Tue, 29 Jul 2014 04:45:43
In Reply to: Home-made Mosquito Repellant?, EGD [Profile/Gallery]
, Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:59:36
I know folks who use a mixture of crushed bay leaves and a little vinegar, steeped overnight and then added to alcohol to make a spray, doesn't smell the best, but they say it works.
Here is another recipe I found:
2 1/2 teaspoons total of the following essential oils in equal parts or in any combination: basil, juniper, palmarosa, citronella, rose geranium, rosemary, myrrh, cedarwood, pine and lemon
1 cup 190-proof grain alcohol, available in liquor stores
Stir the oils into the grain alcohol.
Pour the solution into small bottles with tight-fitting caps.
I think any combination of aromatic oils tend to do something....
posted by 76.179.165...
Posts in this Thread:
- Home-made Mosquito Repellant?, EGD , Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:59:36
- Re: Home-made Mosquito Repellant?, dtechakacheaptech, Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:53:31
- Relabel the DEET, dtechakacheaptech, Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:16:07
- Body Odor... Seriously, Used to be Chaz, Tue, 29 Jul 2014 12:31:35
- From a Mainer, DE , Tue, 29 Jul 2014 09:06:02
- Re: Home-made Mosquito Repellant?, Wayner , Tue, 29 Jul 2014 07:40:53
- Re: Home-made Mosquito Repellant?, B Millar , Tue, 29 Jul 2014 05:37:03
- Re: Home-made Mosquito Repellant?, Skip, Tue, 29 Jul 2014 04:45:43 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Home-made Mosquito Repellant?, Cmyles , Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:11:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!