Re: There is plenty wrong with Wal-Mart - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
6/18 Reminder: Your Amazon.com Purchases Pay Saabnet! | 4/20 Small Batch Order: Saabnet.com T-Shirts!! Put in Your Order Now!!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
And how much do you think clerks at AutoZone make?
I used to go to job fairs and make hiring decisions for a major engineering company. Have personally hired over 100 engineers.
One thing those job fairs around the country taught me is that there is a certain percent of the country that is fundamentally unemployable due to a lack of work skills, social skills, whatever. I'd put the figure at around 5% of the population, maybe a bit higher.
Places like WalMart employ a fair number of those people and teach them basic job skills. Are they paid a lot of money? No, but they are paid exactly what they are worth to an employer who employs people with few or any skills.
I figure WalMart is doing the nation a favor by keeping many of those people off the dole.
->Posting last edited on Sun, 8 Mar 2015 17:10:18.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Mobil 1 Rebate Offer, dtechakacheaptech, Thu, 5 Mar 2015 14:50:56
- Oh man, I just bought T6 for the weekend's oil change, MI-Roger , Thu, 5 Mar 2015 15:30:53
- Afaik it is still cheaper to buy it at walmart, dmz789qqq, Thu, 5 Mar 2015 17:39:05
- Re: Afaik it is still cheaper to buy it at walmart, dtechakacheaptech, Fri, 6 Mar 2015 05:13:08
- Re: Afaik it is still cheaper to buy it at walmart, Justin VanAbrahams , Thu, 5 Mar 2015 18:19:48
- Limited to purchases made at participating retailers, dmz789qqq, Thu, 5 Mar 2015 20:34:26
- +1Autozone, and you don't have to step into walmart n/m, AeroEd , Thu, 5 Mar 2015 18:40:43
- walmart?, AdamSAAB2kAero , Sat, 7 Mar 2015 19:19:15
- There is nothing wrong with Walmart, AeroBaron, Sun, 8 Mar 2015 05:57:10
- Re: There is plenty wrong with Wal-Mart, AeroEd , Sun, 8 Mar 2015 10:22:23
- Wal-Mart, AdamSAAB2kAero , Sun, 8 Mar 2015 22:56:00
- Re: There is plenty wrong with Wal-Mart, EGD , Sun, 8 Mar 2015 17:08:58 <-- Viewing This Message
- Wal-Mart, AdamSAAB2kAero , Sun, 8 Mar 2015 21:58:14
- Taxpayer Subsidies for Walmart, Bill Homer, Sun, 8 Mar 2015 12:24:32
- Re: Afaik it is still cheaper to buy it at walmart, Justin VanAbrahams , Thu, 5 Mar 2015 18:24:30
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!