Can you REALLY get cigarette smell out of a car? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Can you REALLY get cigarette smell out of a car?
Posted by Cary (more from Cary) on Sat, 23 May 2015 11:45:08
I finally found the used car I want -- except -- the previous
owner was a smoker. The car had been cleaned, but that stale
smell was still there. It was enough to bother me, and my wife
is even more sensitive to smells. I'm willing to pay a detailer,
but I really don't want to be stuck with the smell forever.
So, has anyone had this problem? Did it go away over time?
Did it go away with cleaning and time? How much time?
Can a professional detailer get the smell out?
posted by 74.92.140...
Posts in this Thread:
- Can you REALLY get cigarette smell out of a car?, Cary, Sat, 23 May 2015 11:45:08 <-- Viewing This Message
- Try keeping a bowl or 2 of vinegar in the car when you, Montana Tom , Tue, 26 May 2015 20:12:16
- I'm going to pass on this one., Cary, Mon, 25 May 2015 06:28:39
- NO, PeterH, Mon, 25 May 2015 04:11:50
- Re: Baking soda REALLY works!!, Street, Sun, 24 May 2015 21:27:44
- I think it boils down to..., Dennis_MA , Sun, 24 May 2015 15:31:19
- Re: Can you REALLY get cigarette smell out of a car?, Erik919kt, Sun, 24 May 2015 06:58:37
- Mostly can, No Snaab, Sun, 24 May 2015 06:06:30
- Re: Can you REALLY get cigarette smell out of a car?, Name Left Blank, Sat, 23 May 2015 11:50:58
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!