Re: Long Trips...High Mileage Question 2004 9-3 SS - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I think your boss is nuts. A car is a car. Given proper maintenance there really isn't anything about a newer car that makes it more reliable than an older car IMHO. Road trip miles - freeway miles - are some of the easiest miles a car can do, much gentler than city traffic. My road trip car is a '99 Suburban with 180k. Before than it was an '84 Suburban with 350k. This summer my SPG will do a 1000 mile road trip to SOC with over 250k on the clock. It's just not a big deal. Keep up with maintenance, pay attention to your car, and you'll be fine.
(Side note: Virtually no rental companies charge for mileage anymore - unless you're renting a high-end automobile like a Ferrari, most rentals are unlimited mileage)
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
- Long Trips...High Mileage Question 2004 9-3 SS, William, Mon, 24 Apr 2017 08:51:44
- Re: Long Trips...High Mileage Question 2004 9-3 SS, JerseySaab , Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:42:40
- I hear your concerns, but agree with Justin., Noel , Wed, 26 Apr 2017 10:48:27
- Re: Long Trips...High Mileage Question 2004 9-3 SS, No Snaab, Wed, 26 Apr 2017 08:41:01
- Re: Long Trips...High Mileage Question 2004 9-3 SS, southsaab , Wed, 26 Apr 2017 04:48:21
- Re: Long Trips...High Mileage Question 2004 9-3 SS, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 24 Apr 2017 09:58:44 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!