Broke down near the midle of nowhere - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I experienced one of those failures in my '89. Upper radiator hose blew late one Saturday afternoon a few miles south of beautiful, downtown Frackville PA on I-81. It may well have been the original upper hose.
Got towed to an ancient gas station (one that mostly catered to domestic pickup trucks) in the middle of town. Had all sorts of 2-inch and larger radiator hoses hanging from the rafters. Lucked out and saw a midget peeking out from amongst the giants .... "will *that one* fit?" ... and it fit perfectly.
Each of the 900s now gets new upper hoses every 3 or 4 years.
Posts in this Thread:
- Long Trips...High Mileage Question 2004 9-3 SS, William, Mon, 24 Apr 2017 08:51:44
- Re: Long Trips...High Mileage Question 2004 9-3 SS, JerseySaab , Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:42:40
- I hear your concerns, but agree with Justin., Noel , Wed, 26 Apr 2017 10:48:27
- Re: Long Trips...High Mileage Question 2004 9-3 SS, No Snaab, Wed, 26 Apr 2017 08:41:01
- Re: Long Trips...High Mileage Question 2004 9-3 SS, southsaab , Wed, 26 Apr 2017 04:48:21
- Re: Long Trips...High Mileage Question 2004 9-3 SS, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 24 Apr 2017 09:58:44
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!