[Subscribe to Daily Digest]
|[Main General Bulletin Board | BBFAQ |
Prev by Date | Next by Date | Post Followup ]
Member Login / Signup - Members see fewer ads. - Latest Member Gallery Photos
Re: I hate most oversized - and especially lifted - trucks Posted by EGD [Email] (#663) [Profile/Gallery] (more from EGD) on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 14:22:09
In Reply to: I hate most oversized - and especially lifted - trucks, DnstrDan [Profile/Gallery] , Fri, 8 Jun 2018 11:52:43 Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
A few thoughts on monster trucks...
1) I have emphasized to my kids repeatedly that you should never overpay for vehicles because they depreciate at an absurd rate. A $70K monster truck is paid for in after-tax income and is probably financed. You’re real cost in wages in probably north of $115K. Nuts! I just bought a loaded leftover 2016 Volvo S60 Premier E-drive with 65 miles on the odometer for $20K + tax/license. I’ll drive it for 10 years. Not nuts.
2) Most of these monster trucks could not pass a vehicle inspection if California thought it prudent to have one. As it is, we share the road with these knuckleheads even though most of the mods are not street legal.
3) I will say, though, that nothing attracts the ladies quite like a pair of faux testicles hanging from your monster truck trailer hitch so clearly I missed out on that vibe in my younger days. Darn...
4) On the plus side, those monster trucks did great work in Houston rescuing people from the floods last year so they can be useful in a one out of a thousand circumstance.
5) Have never seen a monster Saab but I’m sure they exist somewhere.
->Posting last edited on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 14:22:59.
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.