leather cleaner/conditioner - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I have been using zymol cleaner and conditioner for about 20 years with respectable results. I had a Grand Cherokee for 150k miles and the leather was in great shape when I sold it. Last year I used it on my Saab and it provided good results (since the car had only @25k miles the leather is in great shape).
I recently purchased a set from Amazon. The cleaner worked fine. I noticed that the directions on the conditioner said to warm the leather - either by hair dryer or sun. I had never done that before and checked the old bottle and it did not include that step. It was warm out when I applied it so I felt comfortable skipping that step.
It looked fine when I first buffed it but after a few days it has turned blotchy and it doesn’t seem to be able to be buffed out. I’ve never had this issue before.
Other than follow the directions, curious if anybody might have any insight? Or more realistically, a better product recommendation?
Current: 2003 9-5 Linear
- purchased Oct '19 w/ 25K miles
Past: (2) 1979 Saab 900 EMS
- My First car (1988)/had a bad electrical system
- bought second one to swap engine from first
- both scrapped but the passion wasn't
Posts in this Thread:
- leather cleaner/conditioner, Chip Fichot , Thu, 16 Jul 2020 17:34:00 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: leather cleaner/conditioner, Chip Fichot , Thu, 13 Aug 2020 14:02:06
- Sonax, ngphill, Thu, 23 Jul 2020 15:41:27
- A throwback debate :-), NCCaniac , Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:55:42
- Re: leather cleaner/conditioner, bobc , Sat, 18 Jul 2020 22:22:36
- Re: leather cleaner/conditioner yes use leatherique ! BEST, neil dale , Fri, 17 Jul 2020 13:23:491
- Re: leather cleaner/conditioner, Sarunas , Fri, 17 Jul 2020 08:00:41
- Re: leather cleaner/conditioner, stopsaabn , Fri, 17 Jul 2020 04:41:15
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!