Re: leather cleaner/conditioner - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
With leather being a skin the heat opens up the pores, similar to a steam bath and allows the cleaner/conditioner to be absorbed. If the leather is not warm enough to open up the pores the cleaner/conditioner will just lay on the top and cause swirls when you try to buff it off.
I use a product called Lexol on my seats. I apply with a micro-cloth until I have a white film on the leather. I let it sit for an hour or two and usually come back after the first application with all the Lexol being absorbed. I continue to apply until that thirsty leather is satisfied. If you treat your leather every year, two coats should be enough. My directions do, not mention buffing, which may remove some of the conditioner you just put on. Take Care
Posts in this Thread:
- leather cleaner/conditioner, Chip Fichot , Thu, 16 Jul 2020 17:34:00
- Re: leather cleaner/conditioner, Chip Fichot , Thu, 13 Aug 2020 14:02:06
- Sonax, ngphill, Thu, 23 Jul 2020 15:41:27
- A throwback debate :-), NCCaniac , Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:55:42
- Re: leather cleaner/conditioner, bobc , Sat, 18 Jul 2020 22:22:36
- Re: leather cleaner/conditioner yes use leatherique ! BEST, neil dale , Fri, 17 Jul 2020 13:23:491
- Re: leather cleaner/conditioner, Sarunas , Fri, 17 Jul 2020 08:00:41
- Re: leather cleaner/conditioner, stopsaabn , Fri, 17 Jul 2020 04:41:15 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!