California Saabs - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Posted by phil94028 [Email] (more from phil94028) on Sat, 3 Oct 2020 22:02:52
In Reply to: Re: Roadtripping , the return . Even fewer Saabs sighted !, Name Left Blank, Wed, 30 Sep 2020 13:35:39
Not seeing many in the SF Bay Area these days. Even less so C900.
There are some 9-3SS still around. Never see any on I5 up and down to LA. Los Angeles there are some around still. Probably due to people like Anders and the other sponsors.
My 2005 93-SS/190K is easy as there are still lots of parts. I have a tech2/security access, which is have not really needed much for anything that has failed. Very reliable car still.
1993 C900T Conv is getting really hard, due to parts. Anything plastic is just risky to touch. Failed CA smog for EVAP and may need a fuel tank. Very hard to find one. Only 130K and a stick/turbo, so hate to give up! Very quiet on the C900 forum these days so think most are gone.
Audi A5 is an interesting comparison. Very sophisticated car - especially the dual clutch transmission and just how small the 2.0L engine is. Still miss 1984 hatchback C900 though, my first new car but the Audi is not bad at all.
posted by 45.48.14...
Posts in this Thread:
- Roadtripping , the return . Even fewer Saabs sighted !, K W, Tue, 29 Sep 2020 18:02:59
- Peak Pull was 3-5 years ago., Dave The Ice Age Knave , Mon, 26 Oct 2020 17:29:01
- I see Saabs everyday!, No Snaab, Wed, 14 Oct 2020 04:44:16
- Don't see many C900s anymore, Arthur Dent, Wed, 7 Oct 2020 08:23:12
- AZ Saab, EGD , Sun, 4 Oct 2020 11:51:55
- Central PA Observations, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Fri, 2 Oct 2020 09:25:29
- Re: Roadtripping , the return . Even fewer Saabs sighted !, BarryMabel , Fri, 2 Oct 2020 07:39:29
- Saw two today, JerseySaab , Thu, 1 Oct 2020 08:45:18
- Re: Roadtripping , the return . Even fewer Saabs sighted !, Name Left Blank, Wed, 30 Sep 2020 13:35:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!