Re: Leaving oil unchanged before winter storage...not great, but bad? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: Leaving oil unchanged before winter storage...not great, but bad?
Posted by siwyjohn (more from siwyjohn) on Sun, 1 Nov 2020 23:00:45
In Reply to: Leaving oil unchanged before winter storage...not great, but bad?, bender [Profile/Gallery]
, Tue, 20 Oct 2020 07:43:58
You are overcautious - just leave it as it is. Oil should be in very good condition after such a low mileage. For winter storage I would direct more attention rather to corrosion prevention (taking care of underbody, searching for rust spots*, cleaning heat exchangers from outside** etc.)
* in this model I would look below the carpet in the trunk, McPherson mountings from below, front springs, rear suspension beam, bottom edges of all doors (also trunk), and hood edge from the windshield side.
** simply wash them generously from outside with degreaser and water until water comes clean. This is especially important after winter, as it removes road salt accumulated in radiator fins.
posted by 80.50.141...
Posts in this Thread:
- Leaving oil unchanged before winter storage...not great, but bad?, bender , Tue, 20 Oct 2020 07:43:58
- Re: Leaving oil unchanged before winter storage...not great, but bad?, siwyjohn, Sun, 1 Nov 2020 23:00:45 <-- Viewing This Message
- I say leave it and forget about it until spring 2021, Sondeen , Tue, 20 Oct 2020 17:56:23
- I have always changed mine prior to winter storage, but..., MI-Roger , Tue, 20 Oct 2020 17:16:501
- Re: Leaving oil unchanged before winter storage...not great, but bad?, JerseySaab , Tue, 20 Oct 2020 09:07:061
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!