Repair Shops not Saab specialists - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
8/25 WIN A $100 GIFT CARD |
7/31 Member of the Year |
7/20 Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I'm posting this here, as this is more of a general question, but I also have a specific question related to this that I'll post on the 9-5 BB.
So, I've recently moved and the closest Saab specialist indies are even further away than from my old home (well over an hour), and I need to have some repairs done on my 9-5, and I don't feel like dealing with the logistics of arranging to drop it off, leaving it for awhile, etc.
I found a shop that is close by that identifies on their web site that they work on Saabs, among other popular (and some not so popular - e.g. Peugeot) import brands. They have a nice short write up about Saab history and engineering and they specifically state that they source their parts from Orio, and so it seems like this could be a win-win.
I'm going to stop in on Saturday to talk to them and I just thought I'd see if anyone has any general feedback/advice/etc. regarding their experiences with shops that service Saabs but aren't specifically Saab specialists?
BTW - I will mention to them that they might want to consider listing themselves on here.
Current: 2003 9-5 Linear
- purchased Oct '18 w/ 25K miles
Past: (2) 1979 Saab 900 EMS
- My First car (1988)/had a bad electrical system
- bought second one to swap engine from first
- both scrapped but the passion wasn't
Posts in this Thread:
- Repair Shops not Saab specialists, Chip Fichot , Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:01:00 <-- Viewing This Message
- Repair Shop who Is Saab specialist Valet motors in Tucson AZ, neil dale , Tue, 22 Jun 2021 13:59:071
- Re: Repair Shops not Saab specialists, westernny, Tue, 22 Jun 2021 13:44:14
- Re: Repair Shops not Saab specialists, Dave Chicago, Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:35:38
- Re: Repair Shops not Saab specialists, neil dale , Sat, 12 Jun 2021 23:53:381
- Re: Repair Shops not Saab specialists, NCCaniac , Sat, 12 Jun 2021 19:03:401
- Re: Repair Shops not Saab specialists, No Snaab, Sat, 12 Jun 2021 05:38:40
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!