Re: Didn't change the oil for two years. Recently did it. What now? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
1/3 Saabnet.com Member of the Year: DougM
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I just went 15 years between oil changes on my 99 and only a few thousand miles, and the oil was still clean. The coolant on the other hand didn't fare so well and the whole inside of the engine is coated with rust. Lots of flushing and it's better, but there's still rust deep inside the block.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Didn't change the oil for two years. Recently did it. What now?, bender , Tue, 23 Nov 2021 13:57:18
- Re: Didn't change the oil for two years. Recently did it. What now?, DougM , Fri, 26 Nov 2021 12:52:15 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Didn't change the oil for two years. Recently did it. What now?, Bernie , Thu, 25 Nov 2021 08:02:54
- I wouldn’t worry, Paul from Palmyra, PA, Wed, 24 Nov 2021 14:05:09
- Re: Didn't change the oil for two years. Recently did it. What now?, EGD , Tue, 23 Nov 2021 18:11:30
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!