Volvo S60R Pics! Viggen/Aero Competition! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Volvo S60R Pics! Viggen/Aero Competition!
Posted by Ian Rosdale [Email] (more from Ian Rosdale) on Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:49:16
This is for all of you Saab owners/enthusiasts who are also Volvo owners/enthusiasts! This information was just released about the new Volvo S60 PCC (Performance Concept Car):
The Performance Concept car features a full body kit with 19" alloy wheels, leather trim, ribbed aluminum pedals and instrument cluster, six-speed manual transmission and a 300 bhp, 295 lb/ft of torque version of the 2.4 liter four-cylinder engine and electronically managed four-wheel drive (AWD). The FOUR-C (Continuously Controlled Chassis Concept) is also included in the Performance Concept Car. The FOUR-C system uses information gathered from height sensors and accelerometers to determine the position of each wheel and the vehicle body and then use the dampers to maximize tire grip. The system also eliminates pitch due to severe braking as are the effects of harsh acceleration and quick steering wheel movements.
Three chassis modes are offered by the FOUR-C system, these are selected via buttons on the instrument panel: Comfort, Sport and Advanced Sport modes. The Sport mode is optimized for normal driving, balancing comfort with maximizing handling. The Comfort mode optimizes the FOUR-C body's isolation from irregularities in the road, and the Advanced Sport mode totally alters the vehicle's character, giving priority to maximum handling and road holding. The Performance Concept Car is also fitted with Dynamic
Stability and Traction Control (DSTC), which is disengaged when Advanced Sport mode is selected.
For more pictures, check them out at VolvoSpy.
Posts in this Thread:
- Volvo S60R Pics! Viggen/Aero Competition!, Ian Rosdale, Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:49:16 <-- Viewing This Message
- Lozenge design lives on..., bryan m, Tue, 3 Oct 2000 22:31:05
- I like it. The design is influenced by Audi and BMW., tlrm, Tue, 3 Oct 2000 18:09:08
- If you look at just the middle sections, JasonS , Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:09:45
- Don\'t like this deja va S80 look., Pieter M. Kuipers, Sun, 1 Oct 2000 04:07:35
- Re: Volvo S60R Pics! Viggen/Aero Competition!, Josh, Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:05:35
- ew, jp, Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:03:20
- if you like egg crates (n/m), Scott R., Fri, 29 Sep 2000 08:45:52
- Re: Volvo S60R Pics! Viggen/Aero Competition!, Andrew , Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:03:38
- But does it come in a Convertible!?!? n/m, SPGeorge, Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:25:30
- Re: Volvo S60R Pics! Viggen/Aero Competition!, Beavis Lightenfyer, Thu, 28 Sep 2000 20:24:04
- And software from Microsoft, Coolknight, Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:34:38
- James Bond, Scott Paterson , Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:21:11
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!