Re: Real world expectations on used BMW,Audi or Volvo - Saab Other Cars Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
7/20 New Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
7/20: Saab Convention Photos |
7/11: Saab Photo of the Year Winners |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
One of my coworkers just got a new XC60 and I think it's similar in size to the non-crossover... the back seat is a bit cramped for a car of its size. I guess it's similar to our '08 9-3, but I always expect new cars to be gigantic. I had a new Fusion Hybrid as a rental for a week and it was just monstrous. :)
Another coworker has a 2015 328i xDrive mSport - he came from an S4 Avant and by all measures is moving to a 2019 AMG E63 S Wagon this year... so, a wagon enthusiast. ;) Anyway, I'd definitely take a look at a 328i - it's a great drive, good sized, and well balanced dynamically. He agonized over the six cylinder but couldn't really fault the four. It's about the same size as the XC60 but a much, much better drive. Downright good, in fact.
I too agonize about Alfas. I just can't justify even slightly new cars - BTDT, didn't find it rewarding - but DAMN. Every time I see one I drool a bit... it's been a really long time since I've been so emotional over a car. That was in '00 when I bought a '95 164Q. :D I'm not sure I'll be able to resist. And sadly, I can easily justify it with all the other newish cars I haven't been buying. :)
I've not been a fan of most of BMWs stuff in the last 15 years or so, but if it was a choice between a ~2015 midize European car, I'd almost definitely go BMW. Although incredibly pricey, what isn't? Amongst their peers, I feel like BMW is probably packing the most value into the cars, assuming of course you value dynamics. Mercedes and Audi are nice for sure, but they simply don't offer the same quality of drive IMHO. Frankly, I'm so disappointed with most of the modern Euros, next to Alfa Romeo I'd say with certainty the only other newish car I'd buy would be a Ford. So, I'm not reliable. :)
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
- Real world expectations on used BMW,Audi or Volvo, AdamD, Mon, 19 Mar 2018 07:59:37
- pulled the trigger, '15 BMW GT, AdamD, Fri, 25 May 2018 07:26:00
- Re: Real world expectations on used BMW,Audi or Volvo, Bernie , Sun, 25 Mar 2018 14:45:08
- A4 data point FWIW, DE , Tue, 20 Mar 2018 12:33:35
- Or Regal Sportback., Norm9-5, Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:49:40
- Re: Real world expectations on used BMW,Audi or Volvo, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 19 Mar 2018 09:30:39
- Re: Real world expectations on used BMW,Audi or Volvo, AdamD, Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:30:09
- Alfa, No Snaab, Tue, 20 Mar 2018 04:28:40
- Alfa, No Snaab, Tue, 20 Mar 2018 04:28:40
- Re: Real world expectations on used BMW,Audi or Volvo, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 19 Mar 2018 11:06:40 <-- Viewing This Message
- you had to go there..., AeroEd , Sun, 1 Apr 2018 06:18:12
- Re: Real world expectations on used BMW,Audi or Volvo, AdamD, Tue, 20 Mar 2018 05:29:17
- Warranty, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 20 Mar 2018 16:38:16
- Re: Real world expectations on used BMW,Audi or Volvo, Snowmobile , Mon, 19 Mar 2018 12:20:101
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!