Re: 2003 Mercedes CLK 430 Convertible - Saab Other Cars Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The W124 platform was from another time, built in a different way. And Mercedes made very few of the fancy ones - the Sportlines, Cabrios, 500s, etc. Those cars have legitimate collector value. Everything after that was made under a new engineering & sales model, and there were very few limits in place. Tons of AMGs & Cabrios sold, anyone who wants one could have one. I'm sure it did wonder for Benz's bottom line (that and all Chrysler's cash) but doesn't do much to enhance the secondary market.
All the other European brands went through the same thing. Compare an E30 M3 to an E46 M3 or a 993 911 to a 997 911. It won't be until 2050 or so until anyone cares about cars from the aughts. We're just getting into the '70s now. :)
posted by 66.60.157...
Posts in this Thread:
- 2003 Mercedes CLK 430 Convertible, No Snaab, Wed, 3 Apr 2019 04:42:19
- Why so cheap, AeroBaron, Tue, 9 Apr 2019 04:07:39
- 2000 CL500, No Snaab, Wed, 10 Apr 2019 04:23:08
- Re: 2000 CL500, vvk, Sat, 13 Apr 2019 05:55:03
- Not!, No Snaab, Sun, 14 Apr 2019 04:55:44
- Re: Not!, Name Left Blank, Sun, 14 Apr 2019 14:20:06
- Then again....., No Snaab, Mon, 8 Apr 2019 04:28:23
- Mercedes convertibles are superb used car buys!, vvk, Thu, 4 Apr 2019 10:36:32
- Re: 2003 Mercedes CLK 430 Convertible, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 3 Apr 2019 08:14:56
- Re: 2003 Mercedes CLK 430 Convertible, A1-turbo, Wed, 3 Apr 2019 06:23:23
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!