Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Just don't do what I did when I was doing brakes on my 1993 9000 a bunch of years ago. I was removing the caliper bracket bolts (with the car just jacked up), so I was on the outside working backwards. I neglected to think that "left-loose, right-tight" only works if YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE DAMN BOLT, so I wrung the head off one of the caliper bracket bolts. I had to get a new caliper bracket from Goldwing since I couldn't get the remains out. I felt truly special when the counter guy at Goldwing said "Gee, I don't think we've ever sold one of these!"
posted by 192.107.1...
Posts in this Thread:
- Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Itsasaab , Sat, 18 Mar 2017 18:06:35
- Is there a solvent for that Locktite on there?, Boris Bubbanov, Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:30:24
- Re: FINALLY!, Itsasaab , Tue, 21 Mar 2017 08:20:29
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Tom g , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:46:09
- And at the end of the day..., Stephen Goldberger, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:05:25
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Doug W, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 09:20:27
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, southsaab , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 07:19:23
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Mike Houwers, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 05:40:33 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, fdw201 , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 09:41:20
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Buck60, Sat, 18 Mar 2017 20:48:06
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Bernie , Sat, 18 Mar 2017 18:41:35
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!