Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
A few things not mentioned: The manual impact tool. It has a 1/2 drive at one end and a flat end at the other to hammer on. They can deliver perhaps 250 - 300 ft-lb.
Heat. You can try a heat gun for better control. They usually have two settings, 600F and 1200F. Try the lower setting first. If that doesn't work, MAP gas should be a consideration. It's hotter than propane.
Some of the new battery powered impact guns go all the way up to 700 ft-lb but they can cost more than what an idie would charge for a front brake job.
Something else to try: TIGHTEN SLIGHTLY first and then loosen.
posted by 12.46....
Posts in this Thread:
- Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Itsasaab , Sat, 18 Mar 2017 18:06:35
- Is there a solvent for that Locktite on there?, Boris Bubbanov, Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:30:24
- Re: FINALLY!, Itsasaab , Tue, 21 Mar 2017 08:20:29
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Tom g , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:46:09
- And at the end of the day..., Stephen Goldberger, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:05:25
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Doug W, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 09:20:27 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, southsaab , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 07:19:23
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Mike Houwers, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 05:40:33
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, fdw201 , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 09:41:20
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Buck60, Sat, 18 Mar 2017 20:48:06
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Bernie , Sat, 18 Mar 2017 18:41:35
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!