NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
Had same problem with my '04. If you haven't rounded off the head, heat will help, but getting a torch flame near the head is difficult to control. I like Bernie's idea of the soldering iron, slower but controllable. Cheap impact way is to get a long breaker with the socket attached, and bang on it with a heavy hammer. That will either loosen it or ruin the bolt head by rounding it off. If it rounds off, probably have to be cut off. Luckily, I only had one bolt that was heavy on the loctite, but I did eventually have to cut it, and replace both bolt and holder. Annoying, but not catastrophic.
posted by 73.152.54...
Posts in this Thread:
- Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Itsasaab , Sat, 18 Mar 2017 18:06:35
- Is there a solvent for that Locktite on there?, Boris Bubbanov, Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:30:24
- Re: FINALLY!, Itsasaab , Tue, 21 Mar 2017 08:20:29
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Tom g , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:46:09
- And at the end of the day..., Stephen Goldberger, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:05:25
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Doug W, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 09:20:27
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, southsaab , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 07:19:23 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Mike Houwers, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 05:40:33
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, fdw201 , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 09:41:20
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Buck60, Sat, 18 Mar 2017 20:48:06
- Re: Caliper Bracket bolt - TOUGH, Bernie , Sat, 18 Mar 2017 18:41:35
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.