Re: Power steering rack, Head Gasket; 100,000 mile check-in! - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Yeah, later trucks with hydroboost got coolers, but apparently nobody thought that was important on a 16,000lb motorhome. Why doesn't this forum have a rolleyes emoji?
On our Lemons c900, we baked our power steering fluid the first year - I'm talking exploding out of the reservoir. Second year we used a two-pass tube & fin power steering cooler from an F-350 and all was well.
This is what's on the motorhome now... it's not gotten *hot*, but it does get too warm to comfortably touch. It's probably overkill, but the brakes work, so...
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
- Power steering rack, Head Gasket; 100,000 mile check-in!, Frak , Wed, 6 Dec 2017 12:10:32
- Re: Power steering rack, Head Gasket; 100,000 mile check-in!, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 6 Dec 2017 14:14:56
- Re: Power steering rack, Head Gasket; 100,000 mile check-in!, Landjet , Wed, 6 Dec 2017 15:24:05
- Re: Replacement shock recommendation?, Frak , Sat, 9 Dec 2017 19:09:26
- RP only shows PS fluid, no PS additive. That it? N/M, Saabina, Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:42:54
- Re: Power steering rack, Head Gasket; 100,000 mile check-in!, Saabina, Wed, 6 Dec 2017 15:34:16
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!