NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
Response from the NAPA fluids concierge is that RP has a PS fluid. Now, I understand that the aviation guy from Westside Automotive has used RP exclusively on all the PS rehap projects when replacing gearboxes and pumps.
I may have used it as an "additive" in that what I recall is that upon using the turkey baster method, and therefore a fluid flush, on the last reservoir refill, I poured in the RP. So, in essence, I made it an additive to the supposedly clean GM PS fluid.
We used it on the diesel truck hydro brake system, and it seemed to offer less resistance to steering input.
Posts in this Thread:
- Power steering rack, Head Gasket; 100,000 mile check-in!, Frak , Wed, 6 Dec 2017 12:10:32
- Re: Power steering rack, Head Gasket; 100,000 mile check-in!, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 6 Dec 2017 14:14:56
- Re: Power steering rack, Head Gasket; 100,000 mile check-in!, Landjet , Wed, 6 Dec 2017 15:24:05
- Re: Replacement shock recommendation?, Frak , Sat, 9 Dec 2017 19:09:26
- RP only shows PS fluid, no PS additive. That it? N/M, Saabina, Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:42:54
- Re: Power steering rack, Head Gasket; 100,000 mile check-in!, Saabina, Wed, 6 Dec 2017 15:34:16
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.