I know this is something most of us struggle with. What to replace our beloved 9000 with once the end is finally near. I've said for a few years now that I'm probably on my last legs with my 94 Aero. Still in love with everything about the way it drives and hauls stuff. I'm only at 260K miles, but I'm on my 3rd transmission; it's getting to be an old game.
I like highway speed (passing power), fuel economy, utility, Inerior comfort, ease of DIY maintenance and safety. Budget of ~$10K and all of the options are most likely at 90K - 120K miles.
2004+ Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon 5MT
I know and like the breed, excellent styling, extremely difficult to find 5MT beyond 2001's.
2001/2/3 Audi S8
Trade up to quattro all weather handling, but no option for MT unless I convert. Miles ypically in 100K range and most will have had the expensive 100K service. A major step up in luxury; exterior is beautiful, interior has aged well. Poor mileage (~15/21).
E38 BMW 7 series (1995-2001)
Acquisition price at or below $10K, maintenance parts priced reasonably as well, excellent DIY community, exterior styling beautiful, interior styling is dated. Comfortable ride, spacious trunk, mileage is poor (~18/22), most will have well above 100K miles and maintenance history might be lacking.
Does the board have any thoughts on the next logical replacement for their 9000?
posted by 66.192.188...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- A.D. 9000 - or after 9000 vehicle options?, Diamond Dave, Tue, 8 May 2012 12:07:29
- Random Suggestion, Glen in Montreal, Tue, 15 May 2012 20:06:34
- My solution..., PGAero , Fri, 11 May 2012 20:43:12
- Re: A.D. 9000 - or after 9000 vehicle options?, David Ingram, Thu, 10 May 2012 10:37:47
- My solution...., turrbo , Thu, 10 May 2012 08:17:59
- Another 9000, maybe a 9-5 wagon, JerseySaab , Thu, 10 May 2012 04:29:09
- My Solution w/ picture, Mike Johnson, Thu, 10 May 2012 04:23:21
- Volvo S-60 is a blast, davidk, Wed, 9 May 2012 13:12:50
- I could scrape by with a smaller Audi; S6 Avant, Diamond Dave, Wed, 9 May 2012 11:23:06
- Clearly the Kaiser Vagabond :), Craig, Wed, 9 May 2012 07:56:16
- Same struggles..., RodM, Tue, 8 May 2012 14:22:33
- Re: A.D. 9000 - or after 9000 vehicle options?, BT, Tue, 8 May 2012 12:22:59
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!