NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|9000 Bulletin Board|
My car ('97 Aero) has two separate problems. The battery needs to be replaced, as it will not hold a charge for longer than 12-24 hours. I tried using a battery conditioner, to no avail. Wondering if anyone has any advice on which to avoid, which are good; this one was a Walmart MAXX-41N. Not too please because it only lasted 4 years (unfortunately can't find the receipt).
The second issue is slow starting, which is making the weak battery even more obvious. The car always starts, but it always takes 4-8 seconds of cranking. Are there any things to try besides plugs and the DI cassette?
posted by 205.211.14...
Posts in this Thread:
- slow starting, battery recommendations, TML , Thu, 2 Feb 2017 05:39:36 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: slow starting, battery recommendations, DanaH, Fri, 10 Feb 2017 02:03:02
- Re: slow starting, battery recommendations, DickT , Fri, 3 Feb 2017 15:07:41
- Re: slow starting, battery recommendations, TML , Fri, 3 Feb 2017 10:32:34
- Re: Sears Advanced Gold AGM. nm, Simon S, Fri, 3 Feb 2017 09:36:01
- Re: slow starting, battery recommendations, Bill Homer, Thu, 2 Feb 2017 12:42:25
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.