Nice photo - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Much better close up look than my feeble eyes provided at SOC 16.
Great look at the socket contacts. Thinking about it, I kind of take back the "too small a contact" comment with regard to the bulb socket, as it's only a couple or three amps being carried. Compare the socket area to the cross section of a 3 amp capable wire. That's what, 22 gauge?
Sad part is this isn't a detail that an automaker would design any more. The supplier (Valeo ?) gets the shape and color drawing and the wiring connector pinouts, then they put their new hires to work designing the bulb socket and socket adapter. But someone is supposed to check their work...
posted by 98.28.16...
Posts in this Thread:
- Help - Rear Socket Part Number on Eeuroparts, JB, Tue, 30 Aug 2016 08:05:18
- Re: Help - Rear Socket Part Number on Eeuroparts, Stephen Goldberger, Wed, 31 Aug 2016 07:24:45
- Re: Help - Rear Socket Part Number on Eeuroparts, JB, Wed, 31 Aug 2016 07:53:20
- Contacts, Stephen Goldberger, Thu, 1 Sep 2016 20:08:14
- If bulb fails you need to replace the socket, 900 EMS, Sat, 3 Sep 2016 13:42:47
- Re: Contacts, SWEDECAR , Fri, 2 Sep 2016 08:45:40
- Re: Contacts, JB, Wed, 7 Sep 2016 10:11:52
- Nice photo, Stephen Goldberger, Fri, 2 Sep 2016 10:43:03 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!