Couldn't agree more, just plain lazy journalism. On ABC news last night they had article about Obama supporting construction of new nuclear power plants. Predictably, they brought up the Three Mile Island accident and the correspondent noted that the next generation of nuclear power plants to be built will have safety systems that automatically shut them down. I almost choked on my dinner! Nuclear power plants have has automatic safety systems since the first plant was constructed in the late 50's.... Like I said lazy journalism...
posted by 76.24.60...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Astounding statement in a Reuters article, MI-Roger , Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:57:25
- not astounding at all, Erik919kt , Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:13:10
- Re: Astounding statement in a Reuters article, KevinM, Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:26:45
- The third rule of journalism is, Noel , Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:44:43
- Coming up to our 35th year of Metricity here in Canada, CrNiFe , Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:28:30
- Hey, keep your metric up there in .ca!, nwas, Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:43:17
- I'll hop on board when time is metricized, AeroBaron, Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:31:29
- Time *is* metricized (long), BlaaSaab, Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:17:26
- Re: Time *is* metricized (long), simul8guy, Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:25:12
- Re: Time *is* metricized (long), ArcticSaab, Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:32:39
- For all intents and purposes it is *not* (also long), AeroBaron, Tue, 16 Feb 2010 23:45:01
- Radians, Gene N , Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:26:13
- Time ,Trig and 360 (long), xhawksaab , Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:42:37
- SI, James, Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:03:35
- But all weight is based on Earth's gravity!, Noel , Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:38:48
- A kilogram is a kilogram - earth or moon or pandora, Bruce, Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:07:25
- Re: A kilogram is a kilogram - earth or moon or pandora, BlaaSaab, Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:37:28
- Re: A kilogram is a kilogram - earth or moon or pandora, swede-murphy , Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:53:40
- Ah yes, memories of Engineering classes, MI-Roger , Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:38:50
- Help! My speedo reads "Furlongs per Fortnight"... n/m, Whirligigmike , Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:30:55
- A pint's a pound the world around!, MI-Roger , Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:24:03
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!