NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
I've said this before but the car industry has a lot of chaos going on at the moment and a lot of things many of us have believed about cars for years is simply no longer true. The entire European ownership model (driving well built, well maintained cars for 200,000 plus miles) has become a questionable strategy. They simply aren't that well built any more and the shear complexity and cost to maintain them are making it increasingly difficult. Saab was probably the last European car that was relatively simple. The once bullet proof Japanese cars have all gotten so complex they they aren't so bullet proof any more--my experience with my Subaru, my son's with his new Odessy haven't been so good and we aren't alone. Formally POS/we don't give a crap, American cars are proving to be pretty descent. Same with the Koreans. The long and the short of it is that a lot of us are going to find ourselves driving cars we would have never seen ourselves driving under any circumstances--and we might just be surprised by how much we like it.
posted by 68.40.170...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- What current car is most like my '02 9-5 Aero?, sieglo, Tue, 29 May 2012 06:57:49
- I have an 03 Aero and was wondering the same thing, Blake, Wed, 30 May 2012 06:50:06
- Re: What current car is most like my '02 9-5 Aero?, No Snaab , Tue, 29 May 2012 16:06:10
- You have the best now. Just needs a JZW tune-up., Norm95, Tue, 29 May 2012 12:41:24
- Re: What current car is most like my '02 9-5 Aero?, OKSaabs , Tue, 29 May 2012 12:40:50
- Re: What current car is most like my '02 9-5 Aero?, Paul H, Tue, 29 May 2012 08:11:54
- Re: What current car is most like my '02 9-5 Aero?, Dan-O, Tue, 29 May 2012 07:15:50
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.