Re: The downfall of Cross-over popularity is approaching - Saab Other Cars Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main Other Cars Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: The downfall of Cross-over popularity is approaching
Posted by Craig [Email] (more from Craig) on Mon, 7 May 2018 09:56:33
In Reply to: The downfall of Cross-over popularity is approaching, MI-Roger [Profile/Gallery]
, Sun, 6 May 2018 16:16:40
As a 37 year old I think it's worse than that, I'm not sure anything is considered cool anymore. Granted I live in a pretty urban area but for anyone my age or younger it's pretty hard to find anyone that gives too much of a darn about cars either way. Sure, some people like the status of a BMW/Mercedes/Audi, or want to be 'green,' or are excited their new car has Apple CarPlay and a sunroof, and there is the 'look how xtreme I am for driving a jeep with no doors' crowd, but for actual enthusiasm towards cars...it's pretty bleak out there. I feel most people used to have at least a passing interest in cars (as you might expect for something so integral to most people's lives) but now it's more of a niche interest. Just look at the color of new cars now, they're essentially all somewhere in the silver-gray-white range, people just want an anonymous blob to get them to work without having to think about it.
posted by 66.91.28...
Posts in this Thread:
- The downfall of Cross-over popularity is approaching, MI-Roger , Sun, 6 May 2018 16:16:40
- pickups are it, vvk, Thu, 10 May 2018 07:00:08
- Cars are cool?, DE, Mon, 7 May 2018 15:44:24
- Re: Cars are cool? NISSAN GT-R, AdamSAAB2kAero , Wed, 9 May 2018 12:56:22
- There are some..., Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 8 May 2018 10:06:32
- Anything made by Koenigsegg..., Snowmobile , Tue, 8 May 2018 07:28:38
- What was uncool is now cool again..., Tulsaab , Mon, 7 May 2018 17:49:29
- Love it!, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 8 May 2018 10:00:23
- Re: The downfall of Cross-over popularity is approaching, Craig, Mon, 7 May 2018 09:56:33 <-- Viewing This Message
- Some crossovers are cool, others aren't, A1-turbo, Mon, 7 May 2018 07:44:19
- Jumping the shark, Snowmobile , Mon, 7 May 2018 04:06:00
- Doubt it, No Snaab, Mon, 7 May 2018 04:00:43
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!