I honestly don't know - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 95 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
I honestly don't know
Posted by Mike Johnson [Email] (more from Mike Johnson) on Tue, 29 Jul 2014 09:48:03
In Reply to: can you think of a single logical reason? anyone?, AeroEd [Profile/Gallery]
, Tue, 29 Jul 2014 09:07:04
Like many of us, I am an experienced snow driver and am being objective with my criticism of the
9-5. It just does not have the winter je ne sais quoi. It is more powerful than my 9000 so I have factored that in, but even with controlled throttle it slips and the TCS light comes on where the 9000 would trudge right through. Tires are all similar, with different brands of high quality snows on different cars throughout the years, but all have been experienced on each car. It just is not as secure in the snow. I feel great in the car, I feel safe in the car, and it is better in the winter than a lot of other brands but for some reason it is lacking behind the older Saab models.
posted by 72.73.96...
Posts in this Thread:
- Any 9-5 owners recommend a 9-3 for a winter beater?, Navid , Mon, 28 Jul 2014 10:13:25
- Re: Any 9-5 owners recommend a 9-3 for a winter beater?, Jimtel, Tue, 5 Aug 2014 09:31:22
- Re: Any 9-5 owners recommend a 9-3 for a winter beater?, Dale , Tue, 29 Jul 2014 07:33:54
- 9-5 not phenomenal in snow, Mike Johnson, Tue, 29 Jul 2014 03:55:50
- can you think of a single logical reason? anyone?, AeroEd , Tue, 29 Jul 2014 09:07:04
- YES, Stephen Goldberger, Wed, 30 Jul 2014 07:35:43
- Re: YES, AeroEd , Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:05:57
- I think you answered your own question..., Snowmobile , Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:19:18
- I honestly don't know, Mike Johnson, Tue, 29 Jul 2014 09:48:03 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Any 9-5 owners recommend a 9-3 for a winter beater?, Slug , Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:13:17
- Re: Any 9-5 owners recommend a 9-3 for a winter beater?, davecl , Mon, 28 Jul 2014 12:21:33
- old rusty c900, Snowmobile , Mon, 28 Jul 2014 10:30:37
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!