IIRC, the DWS letter siping wears away differently - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
10/20 Breaking News: SAAB Opens Plant in Indiana |
10/13 Saabnet.com Celebrates 33 Years on the Internet! |
9/29 Photo of the Year Open Submissions
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The S is the first letter to wear. When it is gone the tires are no longer recommended for snow use. Nest to wear off will be the W. When it is gone the tires are to be used only in dry conditions.
I don't know if this is true or at what points the letters wear away.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan, sold at 227K miles
2006 9-3SC 2.0T - Wife's daily driver
2000 Viggen Convertible - Summer Fun Car
1964 Quantum IV Formula Car - Retirement project
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Continental ExtremeContact DWS, pme , Sun, 17 Apr 2016 10:51:31
- Re: Continental ExtremeContact DWS vs others, F1tifoso, Mon, 2 May 2016 10:54:53
- Re: Continental ExtremeContact DWS - UPDATE, pme , Mon, 25 Apr 2016 04:59:29
- Primacy MXV4 - Costco?, Les_H, Tue, 19 Apr 2016 06:40:58
- Interesting as I just had to tire shop this weekend..., NCCaniac , Mon, 18 Apr 2016 12:11:17
- Countervailing opinion, Boris Bubbanov, Mon, 18 Apr 2016 11:35:36
- Continental ExtremeContact DWS are my summer tires, MI-Roger , Sun, 17 Apr 2016 13:14:08
- Re: Continental ExtremeContact DWS, serge , Sun, 17 Apr 2016 12:30:59
- Re: Continental ExtremeContact DWS, Mark in Marine , Sun, 17 Apr 2016 11:08:45
- Re: Continental ExtremeContact DWS, Dennis_MA, Sun, 17 Apr 2016 11:04:05
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!