I'll take a stab... - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
8/25 WIN A $100 GIFT CARD |
7/31 Member of the Year |
7/20 Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I believe that the first year or two had a base model (not sure if it had a label) and the SE which had higher trim, radio and accessories. The base was a low-pressure turbo 4 (LPT) and the SE could be the same engine or a turbo V6.
I think that the Aero became available in 2001, and it had different turbocharger with higher pressure.
In 2002, the year that I got my first SAAB, there was the LPT Linear, the V6 Arc (with greater trim) and the Aero.
Maybe in 2004 or 2005 the V6 was dropped, and the Arc became a LPT4 only. Even though it doesn't sound right now, but I think that the Arc was mored stripped down than the Linear then?
The base engine continued to gain HP most years, and by 2007 (perhaps 2006) there was only one engine, the higher HP.
SAAB was rather uneven in how they did the Aero (at least in the US) for several years, as a sport suspension, sport seats and sport fascia were sometimes line items that weren't part of the Aero package.
Others can fill in some holes or correct me.
They're all good, it just depends upon how much you want to spend.
->Posting last edited on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 05:40:02.
2007 9-5 Aero SC [60th Anniversary]
-- previous --
2005 9-5 Aero (son's)
2005 9-5 Arc (daughter's)
2002 9-5 Aero SW (1st SAAB, taken out by Bambi)
1999 9-5 SE6 SW (brief interim between '02 &amp;amp;amp; '07)
1999 9-5 SE (taken out by daughter on icy rd)
ex-2004 9-3 Aero SS (ex-wife's)
Posts in this Thread:
- 9-5 Trim levels, Cannonball, Thu, 9 Mar 2017 19:05:51
- And don't forget about Gary Fisher., dmz789qqq, Sat, 11 Mar 2017 08:57:11
- Re: 9-5 Trim levels luxury package, bruceM, Sat, 11 Mar 2017 07:43:40
- I'll take a stab..., AeroEd , Thu, 9 Mar 2017 19:53:23 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: I'll take a stab..., Name Left Blank, Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:55:33
- Re: I'll take a stab..., Snowmobile , Fri, 10 Mar 2017 06:11:10
- They didn't even bother to call it Linear in 04, SWEDECAR , Sat, 11 Mar 2017 07:59:071
- Re: I'll take a stab...odd 1999's, Bernie , Fri, 10 Mar 2017 17:22:08
- Re: I'll take a stab..., Boris Bubbanov, Fri, 10 Mar 2017 11:46:55
- Aisin 5Auto debuted in all 2002 models, AeroEd , Fri, 10 Mar 2017 16:42:32
- Re: I'll take a stab..., steve, Fri, 10 Mar 2017 15:53:55
- Re: I'll take a stab..., Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 10 Mar 2017 14:26:56
- 2004 vs. 2006 "get up and go", Tim B., Fri, 10 Mar 2017 13:46:48
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!