Re: I'll take a stab... - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
8/25 WIN A $100 GIFT CARD |
7/31 Member of the Year |
7/20 Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
up to 2001, in North America (in Europe there were others) there was the base model (4 cyl 2.3L LPT) and the SE (which I think was always the turbo V6, but maybe there were exceptions). The Aero was 2.3L with a high pressure turbo (more power and torque than the V6), and also lowered with sport suspension.
2002 was the first mid cycle enhancement (MCE), so they changed the look of the cars a little, fixed a few design issues, and renamed things... Linear is the base model (185hp 2.3L LPT), Arc is the turbo V6, Aero is the HPT 2.3L (about 250hp). There are trim differences also (inside and outside: wheels, lower body cladding, dash, seats, etc).
2004, they dropped the V6. All sedans in north america were either Arc (2.3L high pressure turbo 220hp) or Aero (2.3L high pressure turbo 250hp). Aero was lowered/sport suspension, Arc was not. Wagons could be those, or at least in 2004, there were still a few available as linears (185hp)...
Linear = basic
Arc = luxury
Aero = sport
2006 MCE #2. Dame Edna redesign. All cars were more or less aero spec, all with 260hp 2.3L high output turbo. Some could be sport suspension and nicer seats... varied a little by year after 2006. Details are on this bb if you search. Many other changes were made in these cars beyond the exterior dame edna look (have to drop the tank to change the fuel pump, vs the port under the backseat of earlier cars, GM radio, etc)...
Manual and Automatics were basically available on any of the above (though sometimes not easy to find a stick in the combo one wants).
that's a quick overview... lots more info here if you search... also search for buying info, common repairs etc... it's been discussed over and over in the past, but not that many people are buying these now so you will need to look back a few years! good luck!
->Posting last edited on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 06:14:46.
Posts in this Thread:
- 9-5 Trim levels, Cannonball, Thu, 9 Mar 2017 19:05:51
- And don't forget about Gary Fisher., dmz789qqq, Sat, 11 Mar 2017 08:57:11
- Re: 9-5 Trim levels luxury package, bruceM, Sat, 11 Mar 2017 07:43:40
- I'll take a stab..., AeroEd , Thu, 9 Mar 2017 19:53:23
- Re: I'll take a stab..., Name Left Blank, Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:55:33
- Re: I'll take a stab..., Snowmobile , Fri, 10 Mar 2017 06:11:10 <-- Viewing This Message
- They didn't even bother to call it Linear in 04, SWEDECAR , Sat, 11 Mar 2017 07:59:071
- Re: I'll take a stab...odd 1999's, Bernie , Fri, 10 Mar 2017 17:22:08
- Re: I'll take a stab..., Boris Bubbanov, Fri, 10 Mar 2017 11:46:55
- Aisin 5Auto debuted in all 2002 models, AeroEd , Fri, 10 Mar 2017 16:42:32
- Re: I'll take a stab..., steve, Fri, 10 Mar 2017 15:53:55
- Re: I'll take a stab..., Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 10 Mar 2017 14:26:56
- 2004 vs. 2006 "get up and go", Tim B., Fri, 10 Mar 2017 13:46:48
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!